Wednesday 31 October 2012

Actual Itinerary - Gokyo Ri Trek

Sorry, after all that bitching earlier it only just dawned on me that y'all don't know the itinerary. 

So, where it says Day 02 on the list below, that will be November 11th to put it into context

Day 01 Arrival at Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel. Group meeting programme for detailed information about trekking. Overnight at hotel.


Day 02 Fly to Lukla (2804 mt.), trek to Phakding (2610 mt.). Walking 3 hours. Overnight at guest house.


Day 03 Phakding to Namche Bazar (3441 mt.). Walking 6 hours. Overnight at guest house. (honestly I think this day will be a killer. Mongcho to Namche is bad enough)


Day 04 Acclimatization day in Namche Bazar. Overnight at guest house.


Day 05 Namche to Dole (4040 mt.). Walking 4 hours. Overnight at guest house.


Day 06 Dole to Machhermo (4470 mt.). Walking 4 ½ hours. Overnight at guest house.


Day 07 Machhermo to Gokyo (4790 mt.). Walking 5 hours. Overnight at guest house.


Day 08 Gokyo to Gokyo Ri (5483 mt.) and retreat to Dole. Walking 7-8 hours. Overnight at guest house.


Day 09 Dole to Tyangboche (4040 mt.). Walking 5-6 hours. Overnight at guest house.


Day 10 Tyangboche  to  Monjo. Walking 5 hours. Overnight at guest house.


Day 11 Monjo to Lukla. Walking 5 hours. Overnight at guest house.


Day 12 Early morning fly back to Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel.


Day 13 Transfer to airport for departure from Nepal.

Although obviously now the Day 13 is also incorrect as we are all in Kathmandu for several more days. 

I don't mind the change to the return route as it's an interesting pass from Gokyo to Dole and for those who followed my blog last year, you will know that I had to walk past Thyangboche as the monks were meditating. I think the Day 09 walk to Monjo is optimistic and frankly I would prefer to spend another night in Namche (I dig that berg) but Mongcho to Lukla is good because the Namche- Lukla walk is a bit much.

At Lukla I'll probably try to break off to stay at the Sunny Gardens again because they have such nice beds, en suite bathrooms (!!!) and the best veggie burger I've ever had and I ain't a veggie.

No comments: