Sunday 17 July 2011

One month to go!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I didn't want to step on the toes of the wonderful news that the Queen has visited Bletchley.

And of course I've been finishing up on my project. I think it was a fairly successful wrap-up and handover with a key document getting signed off and the remainder seem to be just about ready for sign-off. (yay!). BTW, I want to give a shout out to my wonderful team - I couldn't ask for better colleagues and I hope we work together again. They gave me a royal send-off with a lovely lunch, a VERY boozy night, and the presentation of a hip flask to take with me to Base Camp. They know me well. :-)

So the good news is that I am now about to launch into my intense prep period for the trek but as it happens I -will- be starting a new project next week. Anyway, on the preparation front I have joined the British Mountaineering Council and bought my emergency evacuation insurance which were £30 and £65 respectively and money well spent I say!

I'm also actively planning the practice trek up Mt. Snowdon and am planning to do it by signing on to a guided walk since I haven't talked anyone I actually know into doing it with me. But it's not too late to join me!

In other news, checking the weather at EBC reveals that it's running about -25C and there's 50 cm of snow. I have ordered some overalls. I'll pick them up today and see if I think they'll be sufficient. If not I'll return them and buy the North Face ones.

Next on my prep list is to get a checkup with a doctor (you'd think I would have done this ages ago but work has been a priority) and order my medications. I'll be sure to fill you all in  in excruciating detail I'm sure.

No comments: