Tuesday 19 July 2011

Blagging Advice

Those who know me know how terrible I am at asking for help which is, no doubt, why I've been so crap at fundraising. Nonetheless, I was asking the lovely Kate Russell from BBC Click for her advice with regard to mobile media rechargers the other day and she recommended that I try the Voltaic backpack AND encouraged me to try to get it for free.

And so, with much trepidation, I contacted Voltaic and to my immense surprise they offered me a 40% discount! Well, needless to say, I've now ordered said backpack with solar charger and will be reporting back on it as soon as I get to test it.

At least now I'll be guaranteed a power supply on the trek. Connectivity, however, may be another matter. ;-)

I wonder if Apple would sponsor a Macbook Air...

2 comments:

Kate Russell said...

haha! well done - but next time hold out for free!! It's for chaaaarity after all! :)

Come on Voltaic... you can do better than 40%!!!

Asti said...

OTOH, although I prolly wouldn't have bought this but for the trek, I *will* in theory still have the use of it afterwards so I think it's a fair compromise.